Monday, December 29, 2008

the busiest time of year!

This holiday season has been busier than usual for me this year.

I joined my cute little spook's family for their pre-Christmas celebration to capture the day for them. With 8 adults and 1 baby, it was by far the largest group I've had to organize thus far...
Bensler_0039-wbBensler_0280

...apart from just the silly stuff that is...like the 'family' photo I took when Joel's family came over for Christmas Eve dinner...
DSC04246_0431 copy

DSC04240_0424

Christmas day I didn't even take my Alpha out of the bag. I did get a new little point and shoot to keep in my purse though (since my other one has been acting strange since having a bottle of water dumped on top of it in October)...and Joel got me a tickle trunk to keep all of my photography props and backdrops in! I also got a new prop from my sister - a lovely lace parasol.
DSC00041_0287 copy

Boxing day my brother and his lovely wife came over to have new headshots done, as neither of them have had new ones since University, and it was time...

The 27th the family piled into vehicles and took a day trip to Calgary to visit with my little niece for her first Christmas. It was so much fun. She's 11 months old, and runs around like there is no tomorrow!
DSC04425 copy

Yesterday I went round to my sister-in-law and her husband's house to take the first portraits of my brand new niece who is 18 days old today. She was such a good girl!
Eva_0363

And today I had my last session of 2008; a maternity and family session with a couple expecting a little boy in mid January.
baby belly

All that combined with the excitement of Christmas, Chris & Tenille's wedding (last post), and taking photos and making Christmas cards,
card 1 fromage!
December has been quite a busy month. I will be taking the last days of 2008 off, so I can be refreshed to get right back to it come January!

Happy New Year everyone, and thanks for making 2008 great!!

2 comments:

AphotoAday said...

Super...
Love your main site -- well done and interesting!

Best regards, Don and Kitty

Anonymous said...

susan - you're doing so well! glad to see that you had good holiday time with your fam and the photography's going well.